SCHOOL TAX BILL INFORMATION
- The District’s fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Interim bills are issued based on notification of changes in property assessments received by the District from the County.
- The postmark on the tax payment envelope must be a USPS postmark (not machine postmark) stamped on or before the due date of the amount being paid. The only way to guarantee the official postmark is to go to your local post office and ask them to have the envelope hand stamped.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not entitle the owner to a discount or remission of penalty on taxes.
- One replacement bill will be provided to the taxpayer/property owner free of charge. The District will assess a $5 fee for request of additional replacement bills/duplicate bills.
- Requests for bills copies from all mortgage or settlement companies are required to submit their request in writing to the Upper Darby Tax Office. Payment of $5 per bill must be included with the request
- Tax bills for 2016 are mailed to all property owners. If your real estate taxes are escrowed with a bank or mortgage company, PLEASE FORWARD THE ENTIRE BILL TO YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR PROMPT PAYMENT.
- All property owners will be eligible to pay their taxes in installments. If you do not make payment of the FIRST INSTALLMENT by AUGUST 31, you forfeit your right to pay in installments. Further information is below. Tax payers who TIMELY pay their first Installment Payment will be issued additional COUPONS for the Installment #2 and #3 payments. These coupons will be mailed on September 10.
2016-2017 MILLAGE RATE
- Upper Darby Township, Clifton Borough and Millbourne Borough: 35.216
2016-2017 HOMESTEAD TAX REDUCTION
- 2016 Assessment Reduction: $9,716 2016 Tax Reduction: $342.16