Degrees and Certifications:
Module 9: From Farm to Table
- Knowledge Networks: Sources of Food - Learning Mindset: Planning Ahead -Developing Knowledge and Skills -Teaching with Text Sets – Guided Reading – Skills and Strategy Lessons – English language Development – Independent Literacy Activities
- EQ: How does food get to your table?
MATH: Review of Area and Chapter 9 Compare Fractions
Reminder: Literacy/Black History Night is on Thursday, February 27 @6:30
GRADE 3 Module 8 – Wks.1-3
Module 8: Imagine! Invent!
- Knowledge Networks: What Makes a Great Invention - Learning Mindset: Problem Solving -Developing Knowledge and Skills -Teaching with Text Sets – Guided Reading – Skills and Strategy Lessons – English language Development – Independent Literacy Activities
- EQ: What does it take to make a successful invention?
MATH: Chapter 8: Understanding Fractions
GRADE 3 Module 7 – Wks.1-3
Module 7: Make a Difference
- Knowledge Networks: Community Leaders - Learning Mindset: Purpose -Developing Knowledge and Skills -Teaching with Text Sets – Guided Reading – Skills and Strategy Lessons – English language Development – Independent Literacy Activities
- EQ: How can one person make a meaningful difference in their local or global community?
MATH: Division Facts and Strategies
Module 6-Week 1
Vowel + /r/ sounds
THIRD GRADE FAMILY FUN NIGHT
Date: January 14, 2020
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Garrettford Gym
Siblings and family members welcome – no child admitted without an adult.
Come join Mr. Caldwell for some exciting, challenging and fun activities and spend quality time with your children.
Please also save the date for January 29th
(In case of bad weather or if Mr.
Caldwell is not back from his leave.)
It's Wacky Winter Wednesday... wear your crazy winter socks (with sneakers don’t want to slip)
Candy Cane Day: Wear Red and White
“Deck The Halls Day” and dress up in the most holiday cheer...
January 10th- Spirit Day New Year...New Goals...No Sweat...Wear Your Sweatpants!
Dear Third Grade Families,
Every year third grade classes select a charity for the upcoming holiday season. This year, we will be partnering with Sneham, a Drexel Hill based organization. Sneham, meaning “love,” is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering people through service. We would appreciate your help in collecting the following NEW items for donation to the homeless:
Contributions will be accepted Monday, December 9th until Friday, December 20th.
We, as a third grade, appreciate your help in helping us support our community.
Garrettford Third Grade
Please begin practicing MATH FACTS
MODULE 4: TEAMWORK MATH: Chapter 5: Use Multiplication Facts
Essental Question: What can sports teach us about working together?
Learning Mindset: ASking for Help
Week 1: Spelling: ch sound
Week 2: Spelling: Homophones
Week 3: Spelling: Contractions n't, 'd, 've
GRADE 3 Module 4 – Wks.1-3
Module 4-week 3
Decoding: Vowel au, aw, al, o Spelling: Vowel Sound in Talk
Module 4- week 2:
Spelling / Decoding: Vowel Dipthongs ow, ou
Module 4- Week 1:
Spelling / Decoding: Consonant Digraphs (ch, tch, sh, wh, th, ph, ng)
Module 4: Stories on Stage
- Knowledge Networks – Learning Mindset: Self-Reflection -Developing Knowledge and Skills -Teaching with Text Sets – Guided Reading – Skills and Strategy Lessons – English language Development – Independent Literacy Activities
- EQ: Why might some stories be better told as plays?
MATH: Chapter 4- MUltiplication Facts and Strategies
Module 3- Week 2: The Flag Maker
Practice Daily at home.
Words with /j/,/k/,and /kw/
Grit- When you have grit, you have the courage and determination to keep going, even when things are difficult.
Red Ribbon Week
At Garrettford Elementary School
“SEND A MESSAGE. STAY DRUG FREE”
Dear Garrettford Families
Our school will celebrate Red Ribbon Week during the week of October 21st. Red Ribbon Week is the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the nation. This year’s theme is “Send a Message. Stay Drug Free.” All students are welcome to participate in the following activities:
Monday, Oct. 21st - School-wide Drug Free Pledge (Wear the color RED)
Tuesday, Oct. 22nd - “You have the Power to say NO!” (Wear your favorite SUPERHERO SHIRT)
Wednesday, Oct. 23rd - “Sock it to Drugs Day” (wear you Craziest Socks!)
Thursday, Oct. 24th - “Team Up Against Drugs!” (Wear your favorite TEAM SHIRT or JERSEY)
Friday, Oct. 25th - “Drug Free Royalty”. Together as UD Royals we choose to be Drug Free! (Wear PURPLE & GOLD, and or CROWNS/TIARAS)
Red Ribbon Week is a great time for families to talk about the importance of a Drug-Free lifestyle. Set some time aside to talk with your child about making healthy choices. Visit www.redribbon.org and get tips for talking to your kids about Drugs.
Thank you for time and continued support!
Garrettford Red Ribbon Week Team
3rd Grade SCHEDULE:
8:45-9:15 Arrival/Morning Meeting
9:15 - 9:45 MTSS R (30 Minutes)
9:45 - 11:15 Reading (90 Minutes)
11:15 - 11:35 SS/Sci (20 minutes)
11:35 - 12:05 Specials
12:10-12:50 SS/Sci (40 minutes)
12:50 - 1:35 Lunch / Recess
1:40 - 3:10 Math
3:10 - 3:15 Pack up Dismiss
I am excited to be your child's 3rd grade teacher. Our year is going to be filled with new friends, new adventures, and new discoveries. Let's make this an incrediable year!
3-222 Daily Schedule
8:45-9:10 Arrival, AM Routine, Morning Meeting
(A Day-Music, B Day-Art, C Day- Library, D Day- Phys. Ed)
11:00-11:30 MTSS Math/Writing
Math Lab on Tuesdays @ 11:00
11:35-12:00 RTI Power Block (except Wednesdays)
1:45-3:10 Reading Blocks 1 & 2