Degrees and Certifications:
BSN from the College of New Jersey Certification in School Nursing - Eastern University M.Ed in School Health from Eastern University
Mrs. Heidi Einhorn
Greetings Aronimink Families!
As the school nurse of your child’s school, I would like to take a little of your time to review some essentials to keep your children safe and healthy. Also, please review hand washing and good hygiene practices with your children to reduce the chance of illness in your family.
- Medication Policy: If your child needs prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medication during school hours, district policy requires:
- Written permission of the parent/guardian
- Written order of the physician and signature. The order must include the student’s name, a diagnosis, the name of the medication, the dosage, instructions for administration, and the possible side effects of the medication.
- A list of other medications at home.
- The medication in its original labeled container.
- Changes in dosage require a physician’s note.
- Medication must be picked up at the end of the year. Meds not picked up will be discarded.
- Orders need to be rewritten at the beginning of each school year.
- Maintaining a healthy school environment:
Students must stay home if any of these occur:
- Fever (can return to school when fever-free for 24 hours without medication)
- Yellow or green mucus draining from the nose or mouth
- Excessive, uncontrollable coughing
- Diarrhea or blood in stools in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting in the last 24 hours
- Conjunctivitis (pinkeye), strep throat, ringworm, or any undiagnosed rash
- Head lice: students may return to school when appropriately treated and nit-free
- Allergies to insects or foods: Students with a known bee sting allergy or a life threatening food allergy must alert the school nurse, provide the necessary medication, and a physician’s order form with instructions for emergency treatment.
Please don’t hesitate to contact or call me if you have any questions.
Have a great year! Heidi Einhorn, RN, CSN