Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in Library and Information Science Certified School Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Kathleen Wylonis
I am thrilled to be the librarian at Stonehurst Hills Elementary! I have loved reading, children’s literature, and research my whole life. Before I became a librarian, I spent ten years in the children’s publishing industry. I loved my work, but I missed working directly with children. I went back to school and earned my Masters Degree in Library and Information Science from Drexel University where I concentrated on School Library Media.
My goals as a school librarian include:
- Igniting a love for reading by connecting students with great books that meet their interests.
- Teaching students the skills needed to find quality, reliable information to help them in all aspects of life.
- Introducing students to the wide-variety of information sources and formats, so they can choose resources based on their strengths as learners and their specific information need.
- Teaching students to communicate what they have learned through a variety of formats, focusing on technology and 21st Century skills.
- Creating a library space that fosters respect, responsibility, curiosity, and perseverance.
With these goals in mind, I hope my students will become life-long learners with the confidence to find and apply information to any challenge they meet in life.