Phone: (610) 284-7992 ext 5423
Degrees and Certifications:
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) MS in Counseling, Villanova University BS in Psychology, Towson University
Hello Kindergarten Center Families,
My name is Jill Shaw and I am the School Counselor at the Kindergarten Center. As a School Counselor, it is my role to help all students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally. Here are a few of the things I do to help students work towards success:
- Teach social skills lessons using the Second Step Curriculum
- Meet with students individually and in small groups to cover topics such as:
- How to be a learner
- Anger management
- Emotional regulation
- Career readiness
- Consult with teachers about student needs
- Consult with families about your child’s individual needs
- Maintain a positive relationship with students, staff, and families
- Provide a safe space for students to come and talk about their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns!