Weekly Note From the Principal
Helloe Drexel Hill Middle School families,
In this week's edition:
- Home and School News
- Calendar Highlights
- PAYS Survey
Home and School News
Due to difficulties with the old account, HSA has created a new Venmo account in which dues can be paid. Please use @DHMS-HSA22
The Marketplace Fundraiser
Just a reminder the Marketplace Fundraiser runs ALL year!!!!
With each purchase DHMS will receive 20%, but if a monthly special is purchased we will receive 30%!
How to Get Started:
- Please use this link to start ordering - https://
marketplacefundraising.com/ pages/drexelhill99?rfsn= 6003884.bd2302e
- Click any of the "SHOP NOW" buttons to browse all the delicious foods for purchase. Build your cart with any combination of items from ANY of the Shop.
- As you finish your order, please check your cart to complete your purchase. Your shipment will be packaged quickly and safely, then sent directly to your doorstep within a few days! Package tracking information is included with all orders.
- Dig into all the food you ordered!!!!! Remember DHMS HSA receives credit each and every time you order!
Monthly Special for November - Coffee And Desserts!
How Can You Contact Home and School?
-Facebook: DHMS Home and School Association - Official https://www.facebook.com/DHMS-
We look forward to having a terrific year!
Thank you for your support,
Heather, Shalina, Jen and Tiffany
Calendar Highlights for November
- November 3 - Home and School with special guest, Dr. McGarry, 7:00 PM
- November 5 - End of MP1
- November 11 - Early Dismissal Schedule - 1:30 PM
- November 22 - Conference Schedule - 12:15 PM Dismissal, Conferences 1:00 - 3:30
- November 23 - Conference Schedule - 12:15 PM Dismissal, Conferences 1:00 - 3:30 & 5:00 - 8:00
- November 24 - 11:50 Early Dismissal - Turkey Trot!
Conferences on the Horizon
Parent/Teacher conferences are on the schedule for November 22 and November 23. On November 22 we will hold afternoon conferences from 1:00 PM through 3:30 PM. On Tuesday, November 23, we will hold afternoon conferences from 1:00 PM through 3:30 PM and also in the evening from 5:00 PM through 8:00 PM. Each conference will be reserved for a fifteen-minute block.
The conference format can be held in-person, or virtually. Our teachers will be here and will follow distancing and mask guidelines for families who wish to meet in-person. We will also offer a remote virtual option for families who wish to meet digitally.
In addition to progress in class, I am asking that teachers discuss MAP assessment data at conferences. The data in these reports shows families how a child performed on the MAP assessments, in addition to discussing the average expected rate of improvement and the child’s reasonable target for growth.
Our 6th and 8th-grade students will be taking the PAYS survey on Tuesday, November 16, 2021, during their Science class.
The Pennsylvania Youth Survey (PAYS) asks students in grades 6, 8, 10 & 12. about their perspectives on their school environment, as well as their attitudes and behaviors related to violence, bullying, smoking, depression, gambling, alcohol use, drug use, as well as other topics. The responses provide us with valuable insight into the lives of the students we serve. They help us learn more about their community, their families, their peers, as well as their experiences in school. The information that students provide can help us determine the root causes of their behaviors and provide better support to them.
Attached are the Passive Parental/Caregiver Permission Letters.
All the best,