Scientific Method Quiz 9/27
An organized problem solving technique 7 Steps
- State the Problem
Regardless of the complexity of the problem, work to reduce it to a simple statement.
- Is it testable? This is what you are trying to solve
- Form a Hypothesis
Propose a theory based on information you have gathered or what you have observed.
- An Educated guess
- List Materials
- Use specific amounts
Design an experiment to test the hypothesis. Be sure to record your experimental procedure and observations.
- In numbered order
- follow exactly to get valid results
- CONTROL that does not change during the experiment
- a variable is what changes and what you are testing---- CAN ONLY HAVE 1
- Data/ Observation
- Quantitative= uses numbers
- Qualitative= uses senses (look, smell, feel)
- An outlook of collected data
explain what happened in the experiment
- a judgement of the hypothesis
what was the result
- was the hypothesis correct?
Branches of Science
BE able to list and define 8 branches of science and what they study