Health and Physical Education
Students will participate in a variety of traditional and non-traditional games where they will develop the technical skills, principles, tactical strategies, systems of play, and rules for each game. Some of the activities offered are soccer, football, lacrosse, Frisbee, mat ball, handball, and various tag games.7th GradeBuilding on the foundation of 6th-grade Physical Education students participate for 45 days in both traditional and non-traditional activities. Students will be engaged in activities such as football, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, handball, tag games, frisbee, etc. Students are expected to learn the rules and regulations of each sport/game along with proper technique and sportsmanship. Skills introduced in 6th grade will be further developed in this course.HEALTH7th GradeThe Health course focuses on two areas of learning: changes during adolescence and diseases.1) ADOLESCENCE CHANGES
- The roles and functions of the endocrine system
- male and female reproductive systems
8th GradeThe Health course focuses on two topics: addiction and nutrition.ADDICTION
- What causes diseases?
- How can we protect ourselves from various types of pathogens including sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- tobacco (basic information)
- How addiction affects society.
- The role of nutrients in maintaining good health.
- The skills to make healthy food choices.