Post-Secondary Planning Coordinator
In order to meet their future career goals, all students in the Upper Darby School District are encouraged to consider post-secondary training upon graduation from high school. In support of the Counseling Department at Upper Darby High School and in order to promote a college-going culture within the Upper Darby School District, the Post-Secondary Planning Coordinator is available to students and their parents as they explore and make decisions about post-secondary options.
Tuesday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM
The first and third Wednesday evenings of the month, 7:00-9:00 PM, by appointment.
Admission Testing Information
Fine-tune your knowledge by tackling the SAT "Question of the Day," and find comprehensive information about the SATs and more.
Try the many sample tests offered online, and find general information about the ACT testing program.
Other Helpful Websites for College Admissions Test Prep
- Free ACT prep resources
- Learning Express Library
- Study Guide Zone The Internet's first source for absolutely free test prep; includes SAT and ACT test preparation. Free online study guides and practice tests for the SAT, ACT, and more.
Visit the Career and College Center Calendar to find out when the SAT and ACT tests take place.
College Search Information
- Discover Business Guides and resources that are helpful to students who are considering a business degree.
- Education as a Resource for Parents (PHEAA) College information and searches.
- U.S. Department of Education An on-line handbook published by the United States Department of Education.
- U.S. News . Conduct college searches and comparsions; find college ratings.
- Peterson's Conduct college search, download applications, and more.
- Colleges That Change Lives Colleges That Change Lives, Inc. (CTCL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and support of a student-centered college search process. The organization supports the goal of each student to find a college that develops a lifelong love of learning and that provides the foundation for a successful and fulfilling life beyond college.
- College Accessibility and Scholarship Information for Visually Impaired Students
Online College Education
- The Online School Directory A guide to online learning at the collegiate level.
- Pennsylvania's Accredited Online Colleges A complete directory of colleges and universities in Pennsylvania - 2013 Top Online Schools
- College Week Live . Get college application tips and advice online at CollegeWeekLive, the world's largest college fair. CollegeWeekLive revolutionizes college admissions, making the process easier by saving you time. CollegeWeekLive connects colleges with students, parents, counselors live online. CollegeWeekLive is free.
Scholarships for Women
To help make college more accessible for women, the college planning experts at Open Education Database (OEDB.org) have developed two holistic financial aid guides specifically for women. They break down available grants, scholarships, and fellowships, along with useful tips and tricks.