Welcome to UDSD Athletics!
Run for Brian Smart
On Sunday, June 2, we will be holding a memorial run in honor of our athletic trainer, Brian Smart. It will be held on the track in the stadium and cover 2.2 miles. Check-in will start at 6:30 PM and the run will begin at 8:00 PM. Participants can make a $1 donation to purchase and decorate a luminary, which will be placed around the track. All proceeds and donations will go to the Brian Smart Memorial Award.
Spring Sports Update
Brandon Caban (Varsity Tennis) continues his winning streak! He'll be going to the state tournament for the PIAA Singles Championship next Friday, May 24, at the Hershey Racquet Club. Good luck, Brandon!
Varsity Softball finished out their season making it to the second round of the District 1 Playoffs. Congratulations!
Congratulations to the Girls and Boys track teams for qualifying for the PIAA championships on May 24th and 25th!
- Kayla Thorpe earned 3 medals at the District I Championships and broke two school records. She is the first female athlete in Delaware Country to qualify for the state meet in all three throwing events – shot put, discus and javelin.
- Olivia Thomas also qualified by placing 7th in the shot put.
- Dominique Timmons took home 3 medals qualifying her for each event at states. She earned a 4th place finish in 100m and was a member of the 4x100 and 4x400 teams.
- The 4x100m team includes Denize Cisco, Siani Barnes and Lina Salami. Cisco, Timmons, Camille Goodison, and Ciara Hairston make up the 4x400 team.
- Siani Barnes took 5th in the triple jump.
- For the boys, Sidney Turner was 2nd in the 400m and Aaron Williams was 4th in the 200m.
- Williams was also a member of the 6th place 4x400 team along with George Okyne, Onyekachi Nzeh, and Shawn Maxwell
2019-2020 Sports Registration Information
Registration for Fall Sports is coming soon! Please check out our Sports Physicals & FamilyID page for additional information and more detailed instructions.
You MUST be registered for spring on FamilyID and have uploaded a copy of your physical there in order to start tryouts. Students without registrations or physicals are NOT ELIGIBLE to try out, practice, or compete.
If parents need any help with FamilyID registration, please call the Athletic Department at 610-622-7000 ex 2372. Students are welcome to drop by our office at any time.