Healthy Habits and Prevention
Upper Darby School District continues to promote preventable measures for colds, flu and the Coronavirus/COVID-19. These include the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues, or cough and sneeze into your inner elbow;
- Practice good hand washing with soap and water as often as possible, and if soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers; Watch a video of one of our teachers and her students singing the Wash Your Hands song.
- Flu vaccination is encouraged
- Clean and disinfect surfaces at home – Our custodial staff is doing this daily at the schools.
- Stay home when you are sick
We urge you to be vigilant and monitor your children for signs of illness and to recognize signs of illness in yourself. Please contact your medical health care provider with any symptoms.
- Shortness of breath and trouble breathing
- Tiredness - mild or extreme
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Body aches
Find our what you should know about Coronavirus/COVID-19 at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html.
More information on prevention can be found on the Center for Disease Control’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or at the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx.
We will continue to review our Emergency School Closing Educational Plan and to monitor the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health to provide additional updates to our school communities.