The season is set to begin Tuesday, September 29th.
Click here to see the full season schedule: Fall 2020 Practice Schedule
1) 2020 Order Form- it will close on 9/30/20. The mask and fundraising t-shirt are a fundraiser for our program. https://brothersscreen.tuosystems.com/stores/udhs-soccer-20
2) Family ID registration: MUST be completed by Tuesday, 9/29. Please try to get it done sooner that way if you are not approved we can make any corrections needed. https://www.familyid.com/programs/2020-2021-fall-udhs-athletics-registration
3) T-Shirt Order: Coach Dana is providing a free, long sleeve, women's cut t-shirt to all players who are trying out this Fall. Please use this link, if you have not done so already, to indicate your size. T-Shirt Size
4) Intent To Play: Please fill this out whether you are playing or not. If you already filled it out, no need to fill it out again. Intent to Play
If approved by the board, tryouts will begin Monday. I hope to have a schedule prepared by the end of this week. Please prepare accordingly. Use the preseason packet as your guide.
As a reminder, to be eligible to make each team you must meet the following expectations, more information can be found in the packet-
In order to make the Varsity Team you need to meet one out of three during tryouts. In order to play in a Varsity Game, you need to meet two out of the three following requirements:
- 15 consecutive foot only juggles (preferably using both feet)
- Pass the technical test (see page 9) in under 4 minutes 30 seconds
- Pass two fitness tests in the expected time, possible fitness tests:
o 300s (workout 6): 75 seconds, 2 out of 3 sets
o 100s (workout 1): 20 seconds down field, 60 seconds back; 8 consistent sprints
o Cones (workout 7): 40 seconds without ball; 50 seconds with ball
o Timed Mile: 7 minutes, 30 seconds
In order to make the Junior Varsity Team you need to meet one out of three during tryouts, in order to play in a Junior Varsity Game, you need to meet two out of the three following requirements:
- 4 consecutive feet only juggles (preferably using both feet)
- Pass the technical test in under 6 minutes, 30 seconds
- Pass one fitness test in the following times
o 300s (workout 6): 90 seconds, all 3 sets
o 100s (workout 1): 30 seconds down field, 70 seconds back; 8 consistent sprints
o Cones (workout 7): 60 seconds without ball; 70 seconds with ball
o Timed Mile: 10 minutes
A reminder for Jersey Selection Process:
The order of picking jerseys will be based on foot only juggling record by class. The only exceptions are for players who are able to juggle above 15. If you are able to achieve 15 or more consecutive foot only juggles during tryouts, you will bump to the front of the jersey number picking line. We will juggle every day during tryouts, records outside of tryouts will not count.
For example, if a freshman gets 47 feet only juggles during tryouts and a sophomore gets 35 and a senior gets 16, and the rest of the players trying out get under 15: the freshman with 47 would pick their number first, then the sophomore with 35, then the senior with 16.
For those with under 15 juggles-
Seniors will go first, based on record highest to lowest for those between 14-1.
Juniors go next, based on record highest to lowest for those between 14-1.
Sophomores go next, based on record highest to lowest between 14-1.
Freshman go last, based on record highest to lowest 14-1.
*If a junior, sophomore or freshman gets a score higher than a senior or someone older than them, but it is not over 15, the seniors still go first.
Practice juggling every day!! 15 foot only juggles may seem like a lot for some, but 5-10 minutes each day from now until tryouts will easily put you on track for reaching your goal!
An added bonus of being able to juggle over 15, you will have checked one box required to play in a Varsity game.
If there is a tie, the time it takes you to complete the technical test will be used to determine who picks first (the faster time goes first).
Girls Soccer Interest Survey
If you plan on trying out for soccer this Fall, please fill out this link: UDHS Girls Soccer 2020 Interest Form
2020 Off Season Training Packet
Attached is the 2020 Training Packet. Please reach out to Coach Church with any questions.