The following immunizations are required for all students in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Your child's school must have written confirmation from your physician for each immunization. State law mandates that students not up to date on their immunizations are at risk of being excluded from school.
Grades K through 12:
- DPT (Diptheria/Pertussis/Tetanus): Four (4) required, with one after age 4
- Polio: Four (4) required, with one on or after age 4 and at least 6 months after previous dose.
If third dose is give on or after age 4 and at least 6 months after last dose, the fourth dose is not required.
- MMR (Measles/ Mumps/ Rubella): Two (2) required, with the first dose on or after age 1
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) required, must be properly spaced
- Varicella (chicken pox): Two (2) immunizations required, the first must be after age 1. Or history of disease.
In addition to the immunizations listed above, the following requirements are in place:
Grades 7 through 12:
- Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/ Pertussis): one dose required, if less than 5 years since last DPT
- MCV (Menactra – meningitis): one dose required.
- MCV (Menactra - meningitis): second dose required (if the first dose was given at age 16 or older, only one dose is required)
Visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website for more information about school immunization.